Read This First

My photo
St. Louis, Missouri
I'm not grumpy all the time, just enough for people to think I am. I'm an almost frum, liberal, conservadox Jew who davens with Chabad. I love movies, music, chinese food, and working out. I'm training for a marathon and trying to quit smoking at the same time. Oh yeah, and on most days, I really hate my job.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update From Work

I just got off the phone with a woman who is a credit addict. I have been working with her for a year now to clear her debt and build a healthy savings program for her.
In the past year, she has cleared everything but her house with it's 2 mortgages on it. Her monthly income has gone up from raises and what not, and her usable funds has increased by almost 2 thousand a month with her other debts being paid off.

Now she is going BACKWARDS. I spend hours on the phone with her trying to explain the math on every little thing about her portfolio to convince her that I know what I'm talking about.

Today, I spent 45 minutes with her during our busiest time, and she still wont listen to me.

I told her, if I needed advice about things that she is a professional at, then I would ask her and do what she says. Why? Because she knows more than I do. Extend me the same courtesy. If you are going to call me and get free advice (I have made about 20 bucks off of her in commissions in a year) then listen to me. Don't waste your time, and don't waste mine either by calling me and then arguing about the advice I give you.

Oh, and the last 3 times that she's called, I've told her the same thing. She never does it though. Another bank she does business with says that I'm just trying to make commissions off of her. I showed her the break down though. If she did the last few things that I recommend, I will make about 50 bucks in commissions for doing about 12 hours of paperwork. Oh, and the multiple hours I've spent on the phone with her. Yep, I'm cleaning up because of her.

No comments: